вторник, 21 июля 2015 г.

Cuzin "Problemas Epicos"

Cuzin "Problemas Epicos" (p)2015 Gran Tigre
This metropolitan trio includes the members of such the perfect guitar-driven bands as El Relevo Aleman and Buena Esperanza. I wasn't informed about it when I started to listen to "Problemas Epicos" for the first time. In fact, I've learned about the mere existence of the band only via the poster of their mutual concert with my other Y2015 favorites - Monte Del Oso. The pairing of these two bands on the same poster isn't accidental - the bands wear the same aesthetics on their sleeves, and their roots feed from the same soils: the american indie rock of the 90's. While Monte Del Oso lean to pure 90's indie (Sugar, Dinosaur Jr, etc), Cuzin are more about post-hardcore crossed with 2nd wave emo: Jawbox, Fugazi, Braid and the first two records of Jimmy Eat World, you know the names. And they play this kind of music to the mesmerizing results: "Problemas Epicos" is the absolute winner. Crafted with the distinct DIY approach, this album delivers quite minimalistic rock sound with tunes so tight and catchy* that for the fisrt time I hardly can exstract the best tracks here - they're all perfect.

*Please don't forget that when I say 'catchy' I mean "Frame & Canvas" & "Static Prevails" kind of catchy.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий